Ingredients (makes 12 brownies)
100g good quality dark chocolate (broken into small pieces)
2 large eggs
100g ground walnuts
225g caster sugar
50g plain flour
1 level teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1. Grease a 18 x 28 cm baking tin with some butter, then line the base with greaseproof paper, and grease the paper as well.
2. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C
3. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a low heat.
4. Take the pan off the heat and add the chocolate pieces to the butter; stir the chocolate into the melted butter until the chocolate melts completely - if necessary return the pan to a very, very low heat or to be safer heat it over a bain marie as it is easy to overheat chocolate.
5. Keep the melted chocolate and butter aside, and then beat the eggs lightly in a large separate bowl.
6. Add the sugar, flour, walnuts, baking powder and salt to the beaten eggs, then add the melted butter and chocolate and mix it all together thoroughly.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin and bake for 30 minutes in the centre of the pre heated oven.
8. Remove the baking tin from the oven after 30 minutes and let the brownies cool completely before cutting them into 12 pieces.
9. Eat the brownies on their own or with some vanilla ice cream. (They taste divine while they are warm, but be careful if you remove them from the baking tin while they are still warm as they are quite crumbly before they cool down).