Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2011

Turkey Cutlets Recipe

Southwestern-Turkey-Cutlets.ashx (380×380)
Adding lemon, capers and parsley creates a sauce that can also be good with chicken breasts, fish fillets or veal cutlets. Turkey is a versatile protein. Just 3-ounces of boneless, skinless turkey breast contain 26 grams of protein, 1 gram of fat and no saturated fat. This recipe is great for people who are looking for a balanced nutritious diet while cutting fat intake.
Ingredients –
8 ounces turkey cutlets
1 tablespoon capers
1 cup low-salt chicken broth
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Cooking -
Step 1 –
Combine flour and pepper and rub turkey in mixture. Set 2 teaspoons of the flour mixture aside.
Step 2 –
Heat oil in skillet and add turkey. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side until browned. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate.
Step 3 –
Add onion, thyme and water and cook about 3 minutes until onions are soft. Sprinkle with left over flour mixture, add broth and simmer for 3 minutes. Add capers, lemon juice and parsley to the sauce. Return the turkey to the pan and cook about 1 minute until heated all the way through.
Nutrition per Serving –
220 calories
6 g fat
48 mg cholesterol
11 g carbohydrates
31 g protein
1 g fiber
300 mg sodium
81 mg potassium

Kommentare:

  1. I am such a big fan of turkey, this is driving me nuts.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Oh my god, i'm just gonna eat my monitor

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. damn that looks good, omnomnom

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. omg omg omg omg! I want eeeeeeeeeet :3

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. OM NOM NOM, this looks so great. I LOVE your blog! Keep posting!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Looks delicious, recipe screensaved

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I'm hungry now. I missed lunch though, I had a football game...

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Dude, I got hungry by looking at the picture, damn you! :P

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. wow and here i am cooking noodles ):

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. I just love food blogs. The Chicken meal looks really good. following.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. I plan to try this out next weekend. I'll get back to you. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Looks delicious man. Need more meat recipes if you got em.

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Looks delicious, I think I will make this tonight.

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. nice - check out my blog :P

    http://ask-osama.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen